The Tipton County Public Library is governed by a seven-member board of Trustees. Trustees are legally and ultimately responsible for the library and its operation. Trustees work with the library director to promote the library’s mission statement, set library policy, and spend public funds efficiently and effectively to meet the changing needs of the community.
Current Board Members:
Mary Kate Huffman – Chair
Alan Cousar – Vice-Chair
Susan Cheairs – Secretary
Tipton County Public Library Board of Trustees
3149 Hwy 51 S. Bldg. C
Covington, Tennessee 38019
What Is a Library Board Trustee?
A library board trustee acts on behalf of the community, and is “trusted” by the public to look after the public interest. A trustee is a library board member who is accountable to the public for the trust placed in him/her. Working with this public trust means developing knowledge of legal duties and liabilities. It means actively participating in creating and reviewing library policies. It means working as part of a team – with the library director, staff members, Friends of the Library, volunteers, politicians, community leaders, and others – to develop the best possible library service. It means planning, funding, and evaluating that service.
Board members are recommended by the Board and approved by the County Commission. Terms will be for three years.
Meetings are scheduled every other month at 5:15 PM at the library. Please check the calendar of events to verify date and time. The public is welcome to attend.
Library Board Minutes and Agenda:
- January 2022- Minutes: January 2022 Meeting Minutes
- March 2022- Minutes: March 2022 Meeting Minutes
- May 2022- Minutes: May 2022 Meeting Minutes
- July 2022- Minutes: July 2022 Meeting Minutes
- September 2022- Minutes: September 2022 Meeting Minutes
- November 2022- Minutes: November 2022 Meeting Minutes
- January 2023- Minutes: January 2023 Meeting Minutes
- March 2023- Minutes: March 2023 Meeting Minutes
- May 2023- Minutes: May 2023 Meeting Minutes
- July 2023- Agenda: Library Board Agenda July 2023